Friday, October 4, 2024

Multiplication tables to 45, base 60

 


For this table, we have:
  • 20 (1/3) --- 2,15 (135)
  • 30 (1/2) --- 1,30 (90)
  • 40 (2/3) --- 1,7,30 (67.5)
  • 45 (3/4) --- 1 (60) (note: it was done incorrectly on the picture above)
  • 3 --- 15
  • 4 --- 11,15 (11.25)
  • 5 --- 9
  • 40 (40) --- 1,7,30 (1.125) (this was particularly interesting, because I worked out the division on the right side of the picture above and it ended up giving the same result as 2/3 and 67.5 from row 3.)
I did want to try to tackle a question I had: "What if we had a repeating sexagesimal and rounded it?" Unfortunately, I have no examples at this time, but I suspect we could get one if we tried dividing 45 by 7 and taking the result, for example (due to 7 being a prime that is co-prime to 60 and all its powers).

No comments:

Post a Comment